COON RAPIDS, Minn - North Central University baseball dropped two close games to Northland College on Thursday. NCU fell 7-6 and 7-4 in two Upper Midwest Athletic contests.
- Northland took both games 7-6 (12 innings) and 7-4.
- NCU had 12 hits in game one
- The pair of losses eliminates North Central from UMAC playoff contention.
- Location: Wintercrest Park, Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
GAME ONE RECAP
- North Central jumped out to a 6-2 lead in the bottom of the third inning.
- Cory Kukkola had a 3-RBI triple in the bottom of the second inning.
- Jonathon Kutzke pitched excellent as he scattered eight hits over 7.0 innings allowing four earned runs with six strikeouts.
- NCU gave up the lead in the top of eighth inning as Eli Valder walked a batter then gave up a 2-run home run to tie it.
- Justin Torres took the loss in extra innings as a leadoff walk came around to score in the top of the 12th inning.
- Cory Kukkola went 2-for-6 with 3 RBI
- Steven De Silva went 2-for-5 with a run scored.
GAME TWO RECAP
- NCU fell behind 5-2 by the fifth inning in game two.
- Northland extended their lead in the 7th and 9th inning with another two runs.
- NCU rallied in the bottom of the ninth but was only about to get one and left the bases loaded to end the game.
- Blazsen Ferreira took the loss (2-3) in game two as he went 6.0 innings pitched with eight hits and five runs (four earned) with four strikeouts.
The Rams will be back in action on Saturday as they host the University of Northwestern St. Paul in a UMAC doubleheader at Wintercrest park in Coon Rapids, Minnesota.