WATERTOWN, Wis. - North Central University was back in action on Thursday in Watertown, Wisconsin, where they were able to defeat Maranatha Baptist by a score of 1-0.
- Both offenses struggled to get going on the scoreboard, the first and only goal came in the 29th minute.
- The Rams locked down on defense, allowing only 8 total shots in the contest.
- The victory moves the Rams to a record of 2-1.
- North Central found themselves in a defensive battle on Thursday afternoon. The game started very slow with either team unable to get many chances at the net. Finally, in the 29th minute of the contest, senior, Danny Williams, sent a pass that connected with leg of fellow senior, Kaleb Smith, who sent the ball to the back of the net to give the Rams a 1-0 lead. The Rams would eventually tally 9 other shots on net, but were unable to get any of those past the goalkeeper. Luckily, the Rams were able to stay stout defensivley to keep the lead intact until the final whistle giving them a 1-0 win over the Sabercats of Maranatha.
- The Rams will head back home for a non-conference contest with Rockford University on Saturday, Septemeber 8th, at 3:15 P.M. Live stats and live video can be found here at NCURams.com
MEDIA: If you need further information, please feel free to contact Justin Brown at 612-343-3539 or email Jdbrown@northcentral.edu.