MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - North Central University was in action at home on Saturday for the first time this season. The Rams used defense and timely goals to come away with a 2-1 victory over Rockford University.
- North Central was able to lock down on defense in the second half and score the lone goal of the final 45 minutes.
- The win moves the Rams to a 3-1 record heading into UMAC Play.
- Danny Williams continued his impressive start of the 2018 campaign with a 2 goal performance.
- North Central found themselves in a hole to start the contest on Saturday. Rockford was able to take an early lead with a goal in the the 11th minute of the first half. The Rams would remain scoreless until the 30th minute when Senior, Danny Williams, broke away landing a shot in the back of the net. Neither team would be able to muster up any scoring chances in the final minutes of the 1st period sending us to halftime with a score of 1-1. North Central came out of the break with some fire on the defensive end holding Rockford to only 5 total shots in the final 45 minutes. The Rams were able to break the tie with the second goal of the day from Danny Williams, which came in the 59th minute to give the Rams the lead, and eventually, a 2-1 victory over the Regents of Rockford University.
- Danny Williams - 2 goals
- Henry Pucheula - 1 assist
- The Rams will be in action back at home for the first UMAC contest of the season with Bethany Lutheran College on Wednesday, Septemeber 12th, at 3:15 P.M. Live stats and live video can be found here at NCURams.com
MEDIA: If you need further information, please feel free to contact Justin Brown at 612-343-3539 or email Jdbrown@northcentral.edu.