Sep 12, 2018
- The Rams offense dominated the Vikings outshooting them 18 to 9
- The Vikings took advantage of their limited opportunites by scoirng on 3 of those 9 shots
- The loss drops the Rams to a 1-3 record (0-1 UMAC)
- The Rams found themselves in an early hole thanks to a goal from the Vikings in the second minute of the contest. The Vikings were abke to add to their lead with another goal in the 17th minute. The Rams refused to go away, they inched back with a goal from the foot of senior, Abby Schwinden, in the 40th minute of the contest. The goal narrowed the deficit and sent the Rams to halftime trailing 1-2. The Rams opportunites became less frequent in the second half but they were able to capatalize on a some stellar ball movement in the 55th minute when Schwinden connected with sophomore, Anna Hartwig, on a give-and-go to tie the ball game up at 2-2. The Rams and Vikings would go back and forth, both failing to capatalize on any opportunites, leaving the game tied at 2-2 at the end of regulation resulting in some extra soccer. Unfortunatley, for the Rams, overtime did not last long as the Vikings were able to net their first shot of the extra period, just 22 seconds in.
- The Rams will be back home again for another conference matchup, this time with the Cougars of Minnesota Morris on Saturday, Septemeber 15th, at 2:00P.M. Live stats and live video can be found here at NCURams.com