MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - The night started incredibly strong for the Rams as they took the first set in dominating fashion, however, they couldn't sustain the momentum, eventually falling to Macalester College in four sets. In front of a raucous crowd, the Rams delivered a strong effort and showed real grit throughout the match. It was an especially strong first performance at home for the Rams senior libero Maddie Stocker who recorded 24 digs to go along with her three kills and two assists. There is no doubt that this is a much-improved team from last season which gives Rams fans much to be excited for.
• The Rams showed great energy, especially in their first set of the evening, winning 25-18.
• Rams senior Maddie Stocker once again led the team in digs (24).
• Rams fans had much to be excited about after seeing the Rams show some real flashes of brilliance in the first set of the evening. They were able to accumulate 12 total kills in the first set, while continuing many long rallies with excellent defensive play. There was a palpable energy in the stands as the Rams finished the first set in emphatic fashion, concluding with a score of 25-18 in their favor.
• NCU would record no more than 6 kills in any single set through the rest of the match. Macalester's team continued to attack as the Rams found themselves unable to sustain the momentum that was built during the first set. On the evening, the Rams were led by Stocker, Emily DiGiorgio and Alice Cato at the net, and senior Bekah Parker's 22 assists.
• Maddie Stocker - 24 digs, 3 kills, 2 assists
• Emily DiGiorgio - 5 kills, 2 digs
• Bekah Parker - 22 assists, 4 digs
The Rams are back in action this weekend for the NCU Invitational as they look to get back on the winning track. Their first match of the invitational is Friday night versus Calvary at 6PM.
MEDIA: If you need further information, feel free to contact Justin Brown at 612-343-3539 or email email@example.com.