MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - Although the first match of the night didn't go as planned, falling 1-3 to Calvary University, the North Central University Rams rebounded in a huge way with a monster upset of last season's #7 ranked NCCAA team, Providence-Manitoba. With one more day of action ahead, the Rams will look to build on the great momentum that the night ended with as they take on Faith Baptist Bible College and Oak Hills Christian College in the second day of action at the NCU Volleyball Invitational. Although the team struggled mightily against Calvary, finding themselves committing a very high number of unforced errors, they were able to bury the loss and move on in extraordiary fashion. Leading the charge for the Rams turnaround was Maddie Stocker who broke the Rams single game digs record with 35 digs against Providence. The match moves Stocker to 932 digs on her career, only 68 away from reaching the 1,000 dig milestone.
• The Rams committed 28 unforced errors against Calvary, a season-high in the 1-3 loss.
• The Rams handed Providence their first loss of the season.
• Maddie Stocker breaks school single game record for digs with 35 against Providence.
• The tale of the first match of the evening could be seen in one category, errors. The Rams struggled with self-inflicted errors all match long after dominating the first set by a score of 25-10. Although the match resulted in a loss, Rams Emily DiGiorgio (10 kills), Bekah Parker (28 assists and 11 digs), and Jaselyn Anderson (12 kills) did turn in solid results.
• In the second match of the evening, the Rams looked like a completely different team as they quickly jumped to a 2-0 lead, before eventually winning the match 3-1. The story of the match was Maddie Stocker's incredible effort with a single game school record of 35 digs. Between Stocker's digs and DiGiorgio's six blocks, the Providence Pilots could not find room to maneuver against a stiffling defense. In addition to Stocker and DiGiorgio, the Rams saw a great front line effort from Emma Middendorf, Hannah Fischer, and Jaselyn Anderson as they combined for 28 kills on the match.
• Maddie Stocker - (50 digs on day one)
• Jaselyn Anderson - (22 kills on day one including a .472 kill percentage against Providence)
• Bekah Parker - (50 assists on day one)
The Rams are back in action Saturday, September 8th for day two of the NCU Volleyball Invitational as they take on Faith Baptist Bible College (3:00PM) and Oak Hills Christian College (5:00PM).
MEDIA: If you need further information, feel free to contact Justin Brown at 612-343-3539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.